Human Rights Awards Nominations
October 20, 2012
On December 10, 2012, the John Humphrey Centre for Peace and Human Rights is pleased to present the 6th annual Human Rights Awards.
The Human Rights Awards commemorates International Human Rights Day by celebrating the people and organizations of Edmonton that have dedicated themselves to making our city a better place to live for all.
The six nomination categories are:
1. Child: to a child or a group of children aged 14 and under that has demonstrated leadership in promoting and raising awareness of human rights issues in the community.
2. Youth: to a youth or a group of youth aged 15 to 25 that has demonstrated leadership in promoting and raising awareness of human rights issues in the community.
3. Individual: to an individual who has shown exemplary commitment to enhancing and improving the lives of Edmontonians through their work and dedication.
4. Non-profit: to an organization that has demonstrated outstanding services and contribution to promoting human rights in the community.
5. Business: to a business that has demonstrated a commitment and excellence in corporate social responsibility.
6. New/Emerging: to a project OR organization that has had a new start in 2011 or 2012 and has already shown its dedication to furthering human rights in our community.
Nominations are now closed.
We will recognize award winners at the formal Human Rights Awards Gala, where we are excited to host our special guest and keynote speaker Premier Alison Redford.